Update: Fire Ban Lifted – Call Controlled Burn Line prior to burning
The October 5, 2021 Fire Ban has been lifted effective October 14, 2021. Please continue to use caution when burning, especially if the winds are high.
Ratepayers are encouraged to view the Wildfire in Saskatchewan webpage for current information such as:
- Active wildfire map
- Provincial and municipal fire ban maps
- Daily fire danger map
- Procedure to obtain a burn notification number if you plan to burn in or within 4.5 km of a provincial forest
The link is: https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/environment-public-health-and-safety/wildfire-in-saskatchewan
As always, please call the controlled burn line at 1-866-404-4911 whenever you plan to burn.
The number is answered 24/7 – 365 days.
Questions you will be asked:
- What is your land location?
- What is your RM number?
- Who is your Fire Service Provider?
- What are the location details?
- What are you burning?
- How long will your burn last?
- Your name and phone number.
You will be asked to call back once the burn has been completed.
The link for the controlled burn line information is: